A GSBI® ACCELERATOR COHORT FOR SOCIAL ENTERPRISES FOCUSED ON MIGRANTS, REFUGEES, AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING SURVIVORS
Miller Center delivers world-class accelerator programs that connect global social enterprise leaders with Silicon Valley business executives to develop more sustainable, scalable market-based solutions to the problems of those living in poverty around the world.
We are launching a 6-month accelerator program for social enterprises that serve or are led by migrants, refugees, and human trafficking survivors. The program will culminate with a Showcase in the Bay Area, timed so that program participants can meet with the social impact community at SOCAP18.
Benefits to selected social entrepreneurs:
PROVEN PROGRAM. Experience Miller Center’s structured, validated curriculum that has helped over 800 social enterprises attain operational excellence and prepare for investment.
MENTORS. You will be accompanied by Silicon Valley mentors with expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship who are your trusted advisors
SHOWCASE. An opportunity to present your plan for scaling at Social Entrepreneurship at the Margins Showcase in San Francisco.
NO CHARGE. All Miller Center GSBI accelerator programs are offered at no charge to selected social enterprises.
We seek applicants who:
- Lead an existing for-profit, nonprofit, or hybrid social enterprise (not microenterprise), in operation for one or more years.
- Deliver products or services to undocumented migrants, refugees, or human trafficking survivors, OR provide infrastructure to address challenges facing these vulnerable populations, OR are led by migrants or refugees.
- Are willing to commit 3-6 hours per week to complete program deliverables and work with your mentors online.
- March 16, 2018 | Applications due March 16, 2018
- Week of April 23, 2018 | Finalists notified
- May 15, 2018 | GSBI Online accelerator program commences
- October 19 – October 23, 2018 | In-residence in Silicon Valley
- October 23, 2018 | Showcase in San Francisco Bay Area
- November 2018 | GSBI Online accelerator program completion
Impact investors interested in social enterprises serving refugees, migrants, and human trafficking survivors are invited to contact Miller Center’s Director of Impact Investing, Mark Correnti at email@example.com.
Foundations or individuals wishing to support this program, contact Miller Center’s Director of Advancement, Dave Harrison at at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Banner photo courtesy of Yellow Leaf Hammocks