Accelerate Scaling Your Social Enterprise
Social entrepreneurship can be lonely. We make it easier by helping you along your journey with mentorship, practical tools, and rigorous programs that help you find the answers to the questions that keep you awake at night, and answers to questions you didn’t know you had.
The Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI®) helps social entrepreneurs help more people. Since 2003 we have accelerated over 893 social entrepreneurs, who have raised over $662M, and positively impacted the lives of over 267M people. Take a look at our alumni.
We deliver world-class accelerator programs that connect global social enterprise leaders with Silicon Valley business executives to develop more sustainable, scalable market-based solutions to the problems of those living in poverty around the world. Learn more about our mentors.
To learn more about how GSBI® supports social entrepreneurs along their entire journey, read below.
Watch the video below to learn more about the GSBI® Accelerator Programs
GSBI® works with social entrepreneurs running non-profit, for-profit or hybrid businesses aimed at improving the lives of people living in poverty. We connect these social business leaders with executive-level Silicon Valley mentors who have decades of experience running companies, delivering products/services to market, building teams, and managing risk. Through weekly calls over the 6-10 months of our programs, mentors and program participants work through a practical approach to developing or refining the enterprise’s business model, impact model, and growth strategy.
GSBI® supports leading social entrepreneurs to find their unique pathway to scale through immersive mentorship and rigorous curriculum. Our integrated and systematic approach allows for program participants and their mentors to customize, supplement, and adjust the program to the organization’s needs.
We believe that helping organizations achieve sustainable growth and scale involves four crucial factors: 1) the impact model, 2) business model, 3) operations, and 4) financing and investment readiness.
GSBI® Mentors will work with program participants to develop or communicate their:
- Impact Model: mission statement, problem statement, theory of change, formalized metrics collection, and documented impact metrics.
- Business Model: target market, unit economics, integration with impact model, evidence of customer success, value chain, and codified partner relations.
- Scalable Operations: operating plans with budgets, strategic initiatives, process manuals, and key performance indicators.
- Investment Ready: historical financial results and multi-year financial projections, detailed breakeven analysis showing profit and cash flow, a logical and justifiable financial ask including working capital and match of capital to use, and a complete due diligence folder.
We offer two distinct accelerator programs to social entrepreneurs, tailored to the stage of development of the enterprise.
- GSBI® Online accelerator typically supports organizations that have some initial traction, proof of social impact, and are creating a business model to enable rapid growth. Typically these organizations have been in operation for 1-5 years, with a team of less than 20 staff, and have served hundreds or thousands of customers/beneficiaries since founding. This is a 6-month program that is conducted entirely online and offered several times per year.
- In-residence accelerator is for the highest potential social enterprises we can find. Participating organizations have proven traction and potential to scale their impact dramatically. This program typically supports organizations that have been in operation for 5+ years, with a staff teams as small as 5 and as large as 500, who have served thousands or tens of thousands of customers/beneficiaries since founding. This program is centered around a 10-day in-residence boot camp and Investor Showcase pitch session at Santa Clara University, and also includes 10 months of virtual mentoring and online support.
Both programs are supported by GSBI® Mentors who work with social entrepreneurs they have been paired with through weekly calls for the duration of the 6 or 10-month program to provide support on the nuts and bolts of running their business and the long-term growth strategy.
There is no need to figure out which program suits you best as we offer one application for both programs. Apply here.
GE Healthymagination & miller center mother and child program
Banner photo courtesy of LivelyHoods