SCALING CLEAN ENERGY COMPANIES
Miller Center and the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan have partnered to produce the research paper, Closing the Circuit: Accelerating Clean Energy Investment in India. This report:
- Analyzes the business models and strategies that EAI portfolio companies implemented.
- Identifies commonalities in the trajectory that many enterprises followed as they evolved.
- Identifies barriers and opportunities for investment in clean energy enterprises in India.
- Provides actionable recommendations for enterprises and investors to influence the development of the overall clean energy industry.
Miller Center and New Ventures India (NVI) have partnered to help distributed renewable energy companies provide clean energy to 1 million Indians by 2018. The project is supported by USAID under the Energy Access Investment Readiness Program. Miller Center will use its GSBI® methodology to mentor entrepreneurs as they develop their plans for growth and NVI will facilitate the investment of $41 million to the enterprises to help scale their businesses.
Benefits to Social Entrepreneurs:
- Receive GSBI’s structured curriculum and experience a business audit to identify goals and challenges layered with in-depth mentorship from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs
- Benefit from NVI’s on the ground knowledge
- Acquire the benefit of our investment facilitation with banks, non-banking finance companies as well as impact investors
Benefit to Investors:
- Connect with investment-ready enterprises that have been vetted and coached by our seasoned team members and mentors
- Obtain investable opportunities that match your criteria
- Provide your portfolio companies with business support to prepare them for their next funding round
What Types of Clean Energy Companies Can Participate?
- We support renewable energy companies across various technologies (solar, wind, biomass, biogas, small hydro) and applications (lighting, cooking, agriculture, water, livelihood generation, food processing, horticulture, education and health).
- We are looking for enterprises that are implementing various businesses and financing models, working in different markets in various geographies across India.
For more information, visit the project website.
Banner photo courtesy of Onergy