In the News
To view our entire video library, check out our YouTube Channel.
Hear what the 2016 GSBI Accelerator Cohort members have to say about the program.
Hear what the 2016 GSBI Mentors have to say about the program, and being a mentor.
Hear what the 2015 GSBI Mentors have to say about the program, and being a mentor.
Bana, in Uganda, manufactures and sells comfortable, low-cost and biodegradable sanitary pads from the fiber of banana pseudo-stems. Local women are recruited and trained by Bana to sell the pads to local villages. These "Champions" use the Avon-lady distribution method to sell the pads to young girls.
Solar Sister is a social enterprise in East Africa that distributes solar lamps and empowers local women to be entrepreneurs.
John Kohler speaks about the alignment of impact capital and the Catholic Church activities at the 2nd Vatican Conference on Impact Investing (July, 2016).
Miller Center Newsletters
- Miller Center's Commitment to Climate Resilience | October Newsletter 2016
- Miller Center's Commitment to Women Rising | August Newsletter 2016
- Social Enterprises XChange Ideas | June Newsletter 2016
- Corporate Partners Embracing Social Entrepreneurship | April Newsletter 2016
- Our Focus: Women Rising, Climate Resilience, And Social Impact Assessment | February Newsletter 2016
- 2015 Miller Center Milestones | December Newsletter 2015
- Miller Center Takes Social Entrepreneurs to New Heights | October Newsletter 2015
- Accelerating Global Impact | August Newsletter 2015
- The Pope, the Poor, and the Planet | June Newsletter 2015
- Belief in a Collective Future | April Newsletter 2015
- Feeling the Love | February Newsletter 2015
- 5 Tips for Social Entrepreneurs | November Newsletter 2014
- A Path Out of Poverty | September Newsletter 2014
- Are You a Quiet Builder? | June Newsletter 2014
- Women, Nature & Opportunity in Africa | April Newsletter 2014
- "The Dalai Lama Touched My Nose Ring..." | February Newsletter 2014
- An Invitation to Practice Compassion | January Newsletter 2014
- Happy Holidays! Goodwill and Good News from the Center! | December Newsletter 2013
- On-site in the Philippines, Tech Awards Winners, and More! | November Newsletter 2013
About Miller Center
Founded in 1997, Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship is one of three Centers of Distinction at Santa Clara University. The centers embody the University’s mission to unite students and faculty with Silicon Valley leaders to address significant public issues. Miller Center accelerates global, innovation-based entrepreneurship in service to humanity.
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University, a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located 40 miles south of San Francisco in California’s Silicon Valley is California’s oldest operating higher-education institution. For more information, see www.scu.edu.
Miller Center was founded in 1997 as the Center for Science, Technology, and Society (CSTS). The programs evolved from an interest to use science and technology for social benefit. In its early years, the Miller Center co-founded the The Tech Awards and collaborated with the UN Millennium Project.
Miller Center Video
What's on our minds:
Banner Photo Courtesy of Bana