One Application for All GSBI Programs
Cost Free For Accepted Social Entrepreneurs
We fundraise so that the cost of our program does not prohibit any social entrepreneur from getting the help they deserve.
Program staff time, in-residence meals, and accommodations for the GSBI Accelerator program are all paid through the fundraising efforts of Miller Center. Participants in the GSBI Accelerator are expected to pay only for round-trip airfare to San Jose or San Francisco, California for the August in-residence portion of the program. Learn more about the GSBI Accelerator program with this guide.
Participants in GSBI Online complete the course remotely and require no travel. To learn more about the GSBI Online program, check out this overview.
The application is rolling. Apply now!
Who Should Apply
- Leaders of for-profit, non-profit, or hybrid enterprises
- Social impact-based mission
- Operational with tested business model
- Seeking investment
- Preparing to scale impact
What You Gain
- In-depth mentoring from Silicon Valley executives for the duration of the program
- Strengthened business model
- Refined business plan
- Financial plan for scaling
- Organizational development
- Talent management
- Operational excellence at scale
Our Selection Process
Completed Applications Are Evaluated On
- Impact & Business Model
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations Model
- Management & Team
- Financials using the Stage Assessment Tool
We invite qualified applicants to a phone interview with GSBI staff and mentors. The strength of the application and performance in a 30-minute interview determines the finalists selected to begin the program.
Successful Applicants Are Able to Demonstrate
- A compelling business model
- Metrics provide proof that impact model has desired social impact
- Evidence that customers receive value of the product/service and are willing to use or pay (as appropriate) for it
- Financial statements that document investments, revenue, and expenses to date
Thane Kreiner defines 'Social Entrepreneur'
It's one rolling application for all GSBI Programs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Aug. 2, 2016: General GSBI Online program starts
August 3, 2016: GSBI Online Program Launch
February 20-24, 2017: Social Enterprise Final Presentation Pitches
February 27, 2017: Program close
GSBI Accelerator Program Dates
Oct. 21, 2016: Application due
Jan. 31, 2017: Program starts
Aug. 10-18, 2017: In-residence at Santa Clara University
Dec. 6, 2017: Program ends