One Application for All GSBI Programs
Cost free for Accepted Social Entrepreneurs
GSBI programs are offered at no cost to participating entrepreneurs.
Participants in the GSBI Accelerator are expected to pay only for round-trip airfare to San Jose or San Francisco, California for the August in-residence portion of the program.
Program staff time, in-residence meals, and accommodations for the GSBI Accelerator program are all paid through the fundraising efforts of the Miller Center. We fundraise so that the cost of our program does not prohibit any social entrepreneur from getting the help they deserve.
Participants in GSBI Online complete the course remotely and require no travel.
Apply now to the GSBI Online and GSBI Accelerator programs! One short application for both programs.
Who Should Apply:
- Leaders of for-profit, non-profit, or hybrid enterprises
- Social impact-based mission
- Operational with tested business model
- Seeking investment
- Preparing to scale impact
What You Gain:
- In-depth mentoring from Silicon Valley executives for the duration of the program
- Strengthened business model
- Refined business plan
- Financial plan for scaling
- Organizational development
- Talent management
- Operational excellence at scale
Complete a simple application to be considered for all of our programs. Just be sure to apply by the following dates to be considered for the next cohort.
Apply anytime, but applications received by October 23, 2015 will be given priority for the next cohorts of our GSBI Online and GSBI Accelerator program.
We are not currently accepting applications for GSBI Boost.
If you want an edge in the application process, or just need a refresher on some terminology, see this Application Resource Guide. It borrows from GSBI’s tried and tested curriculum and helps you refresh things like your mission statement, value proposition, and business plan summary.
Our Selection Process
Completed applications are evaluated on
- Impact & Business Model
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations Model
- Management & Team
- Financials using the Stage Assessment Tool.
We invite qualified applicants to a phone interview with GSBI staff and mentors. The strength of the application and performance in a 30-minute interview determines the finalists selected to begin the program.
Successful applicants are able to demonstrate:
- A compelling business model
- Metrics provide proof that impact model has desired social impact
- Evidence that customers receive value of the product/service and are willing to use or pay (as appropriate) for it.
- Financial statements that document investments, revenue, and expenses to date.
GSBI Accelerator & GSBI Online Deadline: Oct. 23
GSBI Methodology White Paper
Learn more about how we do it in our recently published white paper.