One Application for Every Program
Cost free for Social Entrepreneurs
The program is offered at no cost to participating entrepreneurs.
Participants in the GSBI Accelerator are only expected to pay for roundtrip airfare to San Jose or San Francisco, California for the August in-residence.
Program staff time, in-residence meals, and accommodations for the GSBI Accelerator program are all paid for through the fundraising efforts of the Miller Center. We fundraise so that the cost of our program does not prohibit any social entrepreneur from getting the help they deserve. Participants in GSBI Online are completing the course remotely and require no travel.
This program is for leaders of social enterprises that:
- Place equal or greater emphasis on social impact vs. financial return
- Serve the poor
- Address a problem that affects more than one million people worldwide
- Have a product or service with measurable social impact
You must be committed to creating an organization that is financial sustainable, scales over time, and measures your social impact.
Complete a simple application to be considered for all of our programs. Just be sure to apply by the following dates to be considered for the next cohort.
2016 GSBI Accelerator: Before October 23, 2015
Next GSBI Online Cohort: Before August 1, 2015
We are not currently accepting applications for Boost.
If you want an edge in the application process, or just need a refresher on some terminology, see this Application Resource Guide. It borrows from GSBI’s tried and tested curriculum and helps you refresh things like your mission statement, value proposition, and business plan summary.
Our Selection Process
Completed applications are evaluated based on the strength of their Impact & Business Model, Marketing & Sales, Operations Model, Management & Team, and Financials using a Stage Assessment Tool. We then invite the stronger applicants to a phone interview with GSBI staff and mentors. The strength of the application and performance in a 30-minute interview determines the finalists selected to begin the program. Successful applicants are able to demonstrate:
- Compelling business model
- Metrics provide proof that impact model has desired social impact
- Evidence that customers receive value of the product/service and are willing to use or pay (as appropriate) for it.
- Financial statements that document investments, revenue, and expenses to date.