One Application for All GSBI Programs
We are looking specifically for social enterprises that are helping communities adapt to the damaging effects of climate disruption — what we call Climate Resilience — and women-led social enterprises or enterprises serving women — or Women Rising. All applicants are evaluated on the depth of social impact, viability of business model, scalability of the model, and financials.
Cost Free For Accepted Social Entrepreneurs
We fundraise so that the cost of our program does not prohibit any social entrepreneur from getting the help they deserve.
Program staff time, in-residence meals, and accommodations for the GSBI Accelerator program are all paid through the fundraising efforts of Miller Center. Participants in the GSBI Accelerator are expected to pay only for round-trip airfare to San Jose or San Francisco, California for the August in-residence portion of the program.
Participants in GSBI Online complete the course remotely and require no travel.
The application is rolling. Apply now!
Who Should Apply
- Leaders of for-profit, non-profit, or hybrid enterprises
- Social impact-based mission
- Operational with tested business model
- Seeking investment
- Preparing to scale impact
What You Gain
- In-depth mentoring from Silicon Valley executives for the duration of the program
- Strengthened business model
- Refined business plan
- Financial plan for scaling
- Organizational development
- Talent management
- Operational excellence at scale
Our Selection Process
Completed Applications Are Evaluated On
- Impact & Business Model
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations Model
- Management & Team
- Financials using the Stage Assessment Tool
We invite qualified applicants to a phone interview with GSBI staff and mentors. The strength of the application and performance in a 30-minute interview determines the finalists selected to begin the program.
Successful Applicants Are Able to Demonstrate
- A compelling business model
- Metrics provide proof that impact model has desired social impact
- Evidence that customers receive value of the product/service and are willing to use or pay (as appropriate) for it
- Financial statements that document investments, revenue, and expenses to date
Hear what social entrepreneurs say
Thane Kreiner defines 'Social Entrepreneur'
December 1, 2016: Finalists Notified
January 17, 2017: GSBI Online Program Starts
July 1, 2017: Program close
GSBI Accelerator Program Dates
January 31, 2017: Program starts
August 10-18, 2017: In-residence at Santa Clara University
December 13, 2017: Program ends