Serving Social Entrepreneurs
Founded in 2003, the Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI®) serves social entrepreneurs around the world who are developing innovative solutions that provide a sustainable path out of poverty. See how we can help you scale your impact.
At Every Stage of Development
We meet you where you are in your organization's lifecycle with programs tailored to your distinct and stage-specific needs. We offer in-depth mentoring, proven practical guidance, and connections to impact investors. For-profits, non-profits, and hybrids, in any region of the world are welcome and all of our programs are cost-free to program participants.
Get Ready to Scale, Be Investment Ready
All of our programs are business model-centric to help you build sustainable and scalable enterprises. Our strong network of impact investors informs our programs to make the investment and due diligence process easier for you. You learn how to make the right ask to impact investors.
GSBI Boost is a 3-day workshop for early-stage social entrepreneurs to outline the business and develop the business model. You gain a business plan that demonstrates your impact, growth, and long-term financial sustainability.
GSBI Online is a 6-month mentored program for early-stage social entrepreneurs. It is designed to improve your business model and growth strategy, create your business plan, and test assumptions. You get a viable strategy for growing your enterprise in a financially sustainable manner with a validated business model.
GSBI Accelerator is a 10-month mentored program for established social entrepreneurs. It helps you address internal gaps in your organization and prepare for significant investment and massive scale. You walk away with a strategy for expanding to serve new beneficiaries or create new products, with a financing plan and connections to enable that growth.
GSBI Network is an ongoing program for mission-aligned universities and capacity development organizations to share best practices, collaborate on joint initiatives, and expand the resources available to the social entrepreneurs within each member's network. Members benefit from ongoing support from like-minded institutions as well as invitations to the GSBI Xchange program.
As of May, 2015:
- 100% of GSBI graduates would recommend GSBI programs to other social entrepreneurs
- 365 social entrepreneurs working in 61 countries have graduated from GSBI programs.
- GSBI Programs have been delivered in 7 countries.
- GSBI programs have worked with social entrepreneurs in 14 sectors.
- 87 executive volunteers comprise the GSBI Mentor cadre that supports GSBI programs. These CEOs, Vice Presidents, Venture Capitalists, and other accomplished business professionals mentor their assigned social entrepreneurs for an average of 3 hours per week for the program duration.
- 26 mission-aligned universities and capacity development organizations in 17 countries comprise the GSBI Network.
For more information, email us at email@example.com
GSBI Online Deadline: Apr. 22
GSBI Accelerator Deadline: Oct. 23