Social Entrepreneurs Provide a Path Out of Poverty
We Help Social Entrepreneurs Achieve Scale
The Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI) serves social entrepreneurs around the world who are developing innovative solutions that provide a sustainable path out of poverty.
We are helping social entrepreneurs fulfill their promise of solving big social problems through structured curriculum layered with in-depth mentorship by over 100 Silicon Valley executives. The result: you will have a stronger business, and be ready to receive investment and scale your solutions for global impact.
At Every Stage of Development
We meet you where you are in your organization's lifecycle. We provide programs focused on your business model and tailored to your distinct and stage-specific needs. We offer in-depth mentoring and connections to impact investors. For-profits, non-profits, and hybrids – in any region of the world – are welcome to apply. All of our programs are cost-free to selected program participants.
GSBI Boost is a 3-day, in-person workshop for early-stage social entrepreneurs in the seed or blueprint stage. You gain a business plan and develop a business model that demonstrates your impact, growth, and long-term financial sustainability.
GSBI Online is a 6-month, virtual program for early-stage social entrepreneurs in the validate stage. Work weekly with one of our mentors to improve your business model and growth strategy, create your business plan, and test assumptions. You get a viable strategy for growing your enterprise in a financially sustainable way with a validated business model.
GSBI Accelerator is a 10-month mentored program for established social entrepreneurs in the prepare stage who are looking to massively scale their solutions. Meet weekly with two mentors. Address internal gaps in your organization. Prepare for significant investment. You walk away with a strategy for expanding to serve new beneficiaries or create new products, with a plan and connections to enable that growth.
Here's Our Numbers
- Over 570 social enterprises have worked with GSBI programs
- 100% of GSBI Accelerator social entrepreneurs say they would refer the GSBI Accelerator program to other social entrepreneurs
- Over 100 Silicon Valley executives comprise the GSBI mentor cadre, an entirely volunteer network
- 300 hours is about how long a social entrepreneur receives mentorship throughout the duration of the GSBI Accelerator program
- 25 mission-aligned partners comprise the GSBI Network, working in 17 countries
- 85% of the social entrepreneurs in the 2014 GSBI Accelerator cohort received funding within 6 months of the program
Meet our Silicon Valley mentors who generously give their time and talents to develop social entrepreneurs
GSBI Learning Labs
GSBI Learning Labs are open sourced workshops, developmental labs, and events conducted with our partners
Explore our Miller Center GSBI Alumni library and hear what they have to say about our programs.
For more info, email us firstname.lastname@example.org