Social Entrepreneurs Provide a Path Out of Poverty
We Help Social Entrepreneurs Achieve Scale
The Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI®) serves social entrepreneurs around the world who are developing innovative solutions that provide a sustainable path out of poverty.
We are helping social entrepreneurs fulfill their promise of solving big social problems through structured curriculum layered with in-depth mentorship by almost 90 Silicon Valley executives. The result: you will have a stronger business, and be ready to receive investment and scale your solutions for global impact.
At Every Stage of Development
We meet you where you are in your organization's lifecycle. We provide programs focused on your business model and tailored to your distinct and stage-specific needs. We offer in-depth mentoring and connections to impact investors.
For-profits, non-profits, and hybrids – in any region of the world – are welcome to apply. All of our programs are cost-free to selected program participants.
GSBI Boost is a 3-day, in-person workshop for early-stage social entrepreneurs. You gain a business plan and develop a business model that demonstrates your impact, growth, and long-term financial sustainability.
GSBI Online is a 6-month, virtual program for early-stage social entrepreneurs. Work weekly with one of our mentors to improve your business model and growth strategy, create your business plan, and test assumptions. You get a viable strategy for growing your enterprise in a financially sustainable way with a validated business model.
GSBI Accelerator is a 10-month mentored program for established social entrepreneurs who are looking to massively scale their solutions. Meet weekly with two mentors. Address internal gaps in your organization. Prepare for significant investment. You walk away with a strategy for expanding to serve new beneficiaries or create new products, with a plan and connections to enable that growth.
GSBI Network is an ongoing program for mission-aligned universities and capacity development organizations to share best practices, collaborate on joint initiatives, and expand the resources available to the social entrepreneurs within each member's network. Members benefit from ongoing support from like-minded institutions as well as invitations to the GSBI Xchange program.
Our Metrics Of Success:
As of July 2015:
- The GSBI has worked with 394 social enterprises in 63 countries through 3 distinct, stage-specific programs delivered in 7 countries
- 100% of GSBI social entrepreneurs say they would refer the GSBI program to other social entrepreneurs
- 88 Silicon Valley executives comprise the GSBI mentor cadre, an entirely volunteer network
- On average, each social entrepreneur receives a total of 250 hours with a mentor throughout the duration of a program
- 26 mission-aligned partners comprise the GSBI Network, working in 17 countries, and collectively serving 2,332 social enterprises through capacity building
- In 2014, the GSBI served 139 social entrepreneurs. Of which, 30% were women entrepreneurs
- 85% of the social entrepreneurs in the 2014 Accelerator cohort received funding within 6 months of the program
GSBI Accelerator & GSBI Online Deadline: Oct. 23
GSBI Accelerator Investment Profiles
Our GSBI Accelerator program prepares leading social enterprises to scale. Read their investment profiles and reach out to them!
GSBI Online Investment Profiles
Our GSBI Online program strengthens the business models of early-stage social enterprises. Read the investment profiles of our latest GSBI Online cohort, generously sponsored by the eBay Foundation.
GSBI Methodology White Paper
Learn more about how we do it in our recently published white paper.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org