Energy Access India Investment Readiness Program
Miller Center and New Ventures (NV) of India have partnered together to help distributed renewable energy companies provide clean energy to 1 million Indians by 2018. The project is supported by USAID under the Energy Access Investment Readiness Program. The GSBI will mentor and coach entrepreneurs and NVI will facilitate the investment of $41 million to the enterprises to help scale their businesses.
Benefits to Social Entrepreneurs:
- Receive GSBI’s structured curriculum and experience a business audit to identify goals and challenges layered with in-depth mentorship from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs
- Benefit from NVI’s on the ground knowledge
- Acquire the benefit of our investment facilitation with banks, non-banking finance companies as well as impact investors
Benefit to Investors:
- Connect with investment-ready enterprises that have been vetted and coached by our seasoned team members and mentors
- Obtain investable opportunities that match your criteria
- Provide your portfolio companies with business support to prepare them for their next funding round
What Types of Clean Energy Companies Can Participate?
- We support renewable energy companies across various technologies (solar, wind, biomass, biogas, small hydro) and applications (lighting, cooking, agriculture, water, livelihood generation, food processing, horticulture, education and health).
- We are looking for enterprises that are implementing various businesses and financing models, working in different markets in various geographies across India.
- Africa Clean Energy Ltd participated in the GSBI Accelerator in 2015 and went on to raise $1,000,000. They have nearly doubled their sales over the past two years.
- Iluméxico participated in the GSBI Accelerator in 2013 and went on to raise over $800,000. They have increased their annual revenue from $262,000 to $547,000.
- ONergy participated in the GSBI programs in 2011 and 2015. They have raised over $600,000 since first participating in GSBI and they have seen a 10x increase in their annual revenues over the past five years, reaching $800,000 in 2015.